What Has Dr. Jeanmarie Guenot Accomplished Up to Now?
Jeanmarie Guenot, Ph.D. received her MBA from The Wharton School of Business, University of Pennsylvania and her PhD from the University of California, San Francisco. Jeanmarie Guenot’s focus was physical and medicinal chemistry, quantum mechanical and semi-empirical methods for molecular dynamics, protein structure prediction, X-ray and nuclear magnetic resonance refinement and drug design.
With significant expertise and experience exceeding 20 years, Jeanmarie Guenot is currently serving as president and chief executive officer of Amphivena Therapeutics, Inc. The organization is in business to create innovation in the field of blood malignancies on LinkedIn.com. With an impressive work history, at SKS Ocular, LLC as founder, partner and original employee, Dr. Guenot, was also a managing partner at Guenot, LLC. She began her career as a team leader and principal scientist at Hoffman LaRoche and from there she became an associate of life sciences at Atlas Venture. And finally, before creating Guenot, LLC, Dr. Jeanmarie Guenot served as vice president of corporate and business development at PDL BioPharma. Her expertise spans many interest; however, her passion is building or rebuilding companies. Her impeccable accomplishments include:
• Drug and therapy development for glaucoma, macular degeneration and ocular inflammation;
• Led licensing, mergers and acquisitions and alliance management;
• Licensed the ophthalmic indication for the oncology drug Ophthotech;
• Portfolio, project and alliance management in the areas of oncology, cardiovascular diseases, autoimmune diseases, neurology and ophthalmic diseases;
• Management of venture capital investments and construction of life science companies;
• Discovered and developed drugs for metabolic diseases, inflammation, autoimmune diseases and oncology.
Amphivena is led by five additional distinguished medical professionals and has partnered with both Janssen Biotech, Inc., and Affirmed Therapeutics AG.